Color Scheme Designer is now Paletton.com! The public beta has been launched here with many new features. Additionaly, this blog is going to its end, we will prefer social networks like Facebook, Twitter and G+ for future communication.
Tuesday, 22 April 2014
Tuesday, 31 July 2012
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who supported our Kickstarter project. Although the project didn’t succeed, we don’t give up and the development goes on. Much more slowly, indeed, but the code of the new web application grows every week. We’d like to present (perhaps a limited yet) beta version this fall, and the widget for your web pages should follow soon. Thank you all again, for your support and your patience.
Monday, 29 August 2011
Well, it’s been more than a year I promised the new ColorSchemeDesigner. My job duties couldn’t wait and there was absolutely no time to start. However, things has to be done, so I’d like to announce the next version of the application is really and finally under development. Some important things I’m planning:
- Brand new and more accurate color-blind conversion algorithms
- A widget to be easily inserted into your web page
- Downloadable iPhone/iPad application (and perhaps others, too)
- A searchable database of color schemes created by users
- and much more…
Wednesday, 20 July 2011
- Fixed: RAL color space removed on RAL GmBH request.
Wednesday, 8 June 2011
Minor update to version 3.51
- Fixed: Pantone™ color space removed on Pantone LLC request.
- Fixed: Opaltone® color space added on Opaltone.com request.
Tuesday, 26 October 2010
Updated to version 3.5. List of changes:
- New: WebColors, Pantone™ and RAL™ color spaces support.
- New: A button to switch to the opposite hue was added.
- Fixed: Menu slightly changed, minor UI improvements.
- Fixed: Tooltips now work for menu items, too.
- New: The appliction core is completely rewritten to support new controls and widgets in the future. Color caching was added to significantly speed up the color lookup and conversions.
Tuesday, 5 October 2010
Well, things aren’t going as fast as I wish. I’ve been too busy during the Summer and the next version with the public API is significantly delayed. Big appology to everyone waiting for it. However, I decided to make at least a subversion with some hopefully useful improvements. The main feature you might like is the Pantone™ and RAL™ color support. The update is almost done, I have to improve some algorithms and I’d like to publish it during October. Thank you for your patience.
Saturday, 1 May 2010
Finally, we’re working on the next version of Color Scheme Designer (CSD) and preparing many major improvements. There will be a brand new API allowing you to use CSD as a widget within your own web sites, call server queries, and much more. We’re also going to create downloadable versions of CSD: for Windows, Mac and even iPhone. Although we planned these for autumn 2009, things became complicated and we have to delay everything. Anyway, now we’re really starting the development again and looking forward to this summer for new features.
Monday, 6 July 2009
Version 3.1, a major update. List of changes and features:
- New: Adjust variants. Each color shade in the palette can be now individually edited.
- New: The palette IDs additionaly support values of individual color adjustments. The backward compatibility of previously generated IDs is granted.
- New: Menu. All supporting functions were gathered to the new application menu located in the upper right corner.
- New: Undo/Redo. Most actions and adjustments are now undoable.
- New: Instant Designer Shop added. Get hi-quality professional logos, templates, designs and services for instant use.
- Fixed: Photoshop palette export (.ACO) fixed.
- Fixed: The application interface was cleaned up.
Wednesday, 11 March 2009
- Fixed: Updated randomize function, randomize settings added.
- Fixed: Contrast of the UI slightly increased.