Going on, though

Heartfelt thanks to all of you who supported our Kickstarter project. Although the project didn’t succeed, we don’t give up and the development goes on. Much more slowly, indeed, but the code of the new web application grows every week. We’d like to present (perhaps a limited yet) beta version this fall, and the widget for your web pages should follow soon. Thank you all again, for your support and your patience.

9 Responses to “Going on, though”

1. Bryan writes:

That’s great! Sorry to hear the project didn’t work but keep on soldiering through it! :)

2. Nelson writes:

its unfortunate you didn’t reach the target. Hope you can get a new source of funding. I love the web app and the ability to use it offline would be absolutely great.

Keep up the good work

3. hello writes:

Hello. Great website. Enjoy your work related to colorblindness as well. what i’m noticing for color blind technology is that most of it is centered around aiding producers of content. color blind consumers don’t seem to have a lot of options. is there anyway that your technology could be used as a reverse-filter of sorts. so if i were colorblind and i had trouble reading a website, could i use some part of your technology to put a color overlay on my screen so that i could see the website with colors that were distinguishable to me? also would you ever consider doing some kind of overlay with the color coding system at coloradd.net? thanks!!! great work.

4. Haruki writes:

it’s a great tool for webdesigners. I will be wonderfull if you develop a version for Ipad ou desktop. I’ll be the one who’s gonna buy it for sure. Congratulations!!!

5. John writes:

You have the best color scheme tool I’ve seen online. I congratulate you on developing such a great tool! I realize you’ve chosen to use the classical color wheel using red, blue, and yellow as primaries. However, I’d love a version that used the true pigment primaries of cyan, magenta, and yellow. These have been used as primaries for years in printing and actually are the true pigment primaries. An interesting video illustrating this is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQqxN8LpGzw. Your scheme sets will change when using the true primaries. Thanks again for a great tool!

6. admin writes:

Thanks, John. I guess I won’t use the CMY color wheel. The problem is, both RGB/CMY color spaces are made by engineers to serve to the color production – while the RYB color space used here is made to serve to color perception. And that’s the point: the same algorithms, the same rules which work great on the classical color wheel, beeing tested and used by artists for milenia, they simply fail in RGB/CMY color space.

For engineers, for a computer or a printing machine, cyan is the opposite to the red color, yellow to the blue, purple to the green etc. Though human brains percept red-green, yellow-purple, or range-cyan as the real/best opposite color, this contrast is more pleasant for our eyes. All color schemes produced by this application just work with the very color wheel used here. Should another color space be used here, the result just wouldn’t work. True story.

This is why I’ll stay with this classical color wheel and won’t use RGB, CMY, nor any other color space. Anyway, the resulted palette colors is given in RGB, and always can be converted to CMYK easily.

7. Luis writes:

That’s a pity that the kickstarter project didn’t work, because the tool is really cool. Do not surrender there, please!

8. Shelley writes:

Hi there

I have been developing a e-learning course on web design and had planned to feature version 3.5 of the tool. I notice that this has not been working for a day or so. I love the tool and would like to recommend it to others. Can you please confirm if you think it will be available long term or if it has now become a paid service?

Thank you!

9. Barbara writes:

How can I sign up for your emails or blog postings?